Any business is always preceded by its reputation. That holds true for any business environment – offline or online. There is no denying the fact that business is cut-throat and this is compounded by the presence of unscrupulous competitors, ex-employees who feel left out and dissatisfied customers.
Since Internet is a democratic platform, the freedom of expression takes on a totally different meaning and it becomes a free for all warfare of words. The result is a dent in reputation and this particularly hurts if you have persevered to be ethical and give your best both as an individual and as a company.
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is a collective process of protecting the protecting the image of a brand, company or individual. Many times this involves a counter-attack on the source responsible for the damage. Every traffic intensive social network is utilized for the damage control effort. This might include – writing new Blogs from company heads, flurry of new articles, new Press releases etc.
Some of the most common defamation sites where anybody can vent their negative feelings are:
One thumb rule for our SERM campaign is ' Do not react with a counter attack'.
- Any counter attack almost places you in the same court as the maligning party
- Since any defamatory content always appears in Search engine results, we utilize all the tools to push down the negative results
- This means, doing aggressive SEO for positive contents about the individual / company
- We start channels of conversation on the entire social network – These conversations are intended to create brand ambassadors by letting the participant’s judge for themselves. This often corners an individual or a group who are trying to malign your image
- We encourage a company decision maker to create a blog and establish conversation with the common man. This brings a lot of credibility and transparency in the workings of the company.